Friday, July 25, 2008
Our first lapbook
We finished our first lapbook today and had a blast doing it. I say "our" lapbook because neither one of has ever made one, and since R is only five, I did just as much work on it as she did. She has a never-ending list of things she wants to study, but she was able to settle on sea horses. We spent most of the week reading books and looking up cool facts about sea horses (did you know that the father carries the eggs and pushes the babies out when they're ready?!?) R's favorite part was coloring a bajillion sea horses. In the lapbook, I wrote the questions and she wrote the answers. She also did all the glueing, but for some reason insisted that I do the cutting. She's already talking about what we'll study next. You think she'll be this excited about calculus?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey there! Jenn W told me you peeked at my blog a time or two, and I just wanted to say hi! Congrats on your new baby on the way! Hooray! Do you sell Usborne books? I used to have a book business with them, wondered if you were with them too. I'll stop by again soon!
Congrats on being able to leave so soon. I can't wait to watch your blog while you're in China. We homeschool too and love it!
Tara (nanjing mom)
Post a Comment