Friday, July 11, 2008

Patience is a virtue, or how to keep a waiting mom distracted

Well, it's day 102, but who's counting? I was hoping for a phone call today, but it didn't happen. Good thing too, because we were waaaay to busy to go sign paperwork ;-) We were making cake! The girls have been keeping me hoppin' this week as we try to entertain ourselves inside. It's blazing hot outside, so we decided to increase our carbon footprint and turn on the oven ;-) (I promise that's the last smiley face for today).





So, little R wanted to make a "summer cake" and she
was all jazzed about decorating it. She made some stencil art and taped them on toothpicks. It was all her idea and I think it rocks. We even made a special trip to buy jelly beans. Did I mention that I'm trying to stay busy?

1 comment:

Stephanie Withrow said...

Hey,

You just left our house after another Friday night hanging out.

Ruby, thanks for sharing your special cake with us.

Waiting impatiently with you for Noah to join the craziness of our families!

Love,

The Withrows